Nance Guilmartin, author of “Healing Conversations”, says that when we deal with issues like job loss, moving, divorce, health and bereavement, we ask others for help.
- The first person you ask may be busy.
- The second may not want to get involved.
- The third may not be able to address all your requests.
- The fourth may refer you to someone else.
- The fifth can’t do what you ask, but can help in other ways, and
- The sixth may be the one who says ‘Sure, no problem!’
Guilmartin also points out that asking more people can provide you a broader range of options than you would have had otherwise.
Reference: RELATIONSHIPS Ed Wooler; Managing Member; EMA Partners Atlanta LLC